top of page

Minecraft Clan

Public·85 members

Last Kind Words !!TOP!!

We find out that Amanda was Waylon's sister and had been planning on running away with Eli's father when they were young. When Waylon had found out, he killed Amanda by hanging her from the magical ghost-tree. Eli remains obsessed with Amanda even though she is his father's ex-girlfriend -- a fact that becomes the only actual creepy thing about the whole movie. I mean, what kind of kid want's their dad's sloppy seconds? Eli's dad confronts Waylon with a pitchfork and Waylon kills him by pushing him off of a balcony.

Last Kind Words

Some kind words: Meticulous story telling. Everything that was written in the book had something to do with the relationships and murders enclosed by the mystery. Can't think of anything that bored me in the book, maybe the only thing I was concerned by, when I picked the book I thought it was a story about the person who went full retard, but it rolled out to be a story about the affinities of a family, nonetheless, that's not much of a concern considering this was so splendidly written.

Yet specific human details remain. With song two, Geeshie Wiley's "Last Kind Words Blues" (1930), the people behind the haunting, crackling recording turn out to be an African-American lesbian guitarist called L. V. Thomas, who carried a large pistol in her apron, and her much younger musical partner (possibly lover), the singer in whose name the song was recorded by a company trying to sell wooden phonograph cabinets. Wiley murdered her husband in 1931 with a knife; she was arrested but we do not know if she was tried or convicted. "When art reaches a certain pitch, the artist disappears into her song", intones Marcus. Not this time I think, although it is true that Wiley's recorded words of death and dying are enunciated with shocking force. There's a paradox here: all the later versions of the song that appear to confer anonymity on it are in fact calling back to the original in all its specificity, haunted by the brilliant captured voice of the now lost musical comrade. Marcus is driven to populate the empty space of most of Wiley's life with invention, including a star-studded cast (Frankie of the song "Frankie and Johnny", Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix), to make her significance apparent. This is Marcus's way of saying that anonymity is important for the true folk song but that nonetheless the original writer and performer of the... 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Twitter
  • YouTube

©2021 by LOL HUB. Proudly created with Wix.com

bottom of page